RDFG Outdoor Range Info
Membership benefits include:
- Subscription to “The Outdoor Edge”, Alberta’s magazine that AFGA publishes 6 times a year for distribution to all Alberta Fish and Game Association members.
- Club Newsletter issued three times a year.
- Access to 320 Acres of the Red Deer Fish & Game Association owned land and camping facilities, complete with camp kitchen, hot showers, a fish pond, volleyball, horseshoe pits, canoeing, 16 archery butts and 5 kilometers of hiking trails.
- Insurance coverage by Alberta Fish & Game Association to a maximum of $500,000 Insurance policy when participating in club activities such as family camping, canoeing, archery, shooting events, fundraising, Sportsman’s Shows and wildlife Stewardship habitat projects.
- Access to the Club’s indoor air gun, pistol, and small caliber range, and safety courses.
- Junior Shooters can compete 2 days/week at present.
- The Outdoor Range Trophies for fish, game and birds are available for each year and are eligible to be entered in the AFGA Program for the Provincial Awards.
Range Safety Courses schedule available by contacting Ken Keith at firstname.lastname@example.org or 403-506-3199.
Membership entitles all members to extra Liability Insurance.
Keys are only issued after completion of Range Safety Course. This is necessary to be compliant with insurance regulations.
RANGE USE FOR MEMBERS ONLY
Please see our Membership Pricing Page for membership rates.
Our outdoor range is a vital part of our service offerings.
Whether it’s for basic sighting requirements or sidearm training and skills maintenance, our outdoor range is available.
Range memberships are available for purchase ONLINE here on this site OR at the following locations:
- The Sportsmen’s Den in Red Deer
- Wolverine Guns & Tackle in Red Deer
- Caroline Supplies in Caroline
For Schedules and Availability:
Monday to Saturday 10:00 am to 8:00 pm or 1/2 hour before sunset (winter )
Sunday 1:00pm to 8:00 pm or 1/2 before sunset (winter )
Contact Ross Towers 403-350-9643
From Red Deer west on Hwy 11 to Range Road 284 south to Township Road 372 turn east.
West from Penhold across river to Range Road 285 east to Township Road 372